Chocolate Lava Cake – rich, creamy and absolutely delicious. The first thing that comes in mind, when you hear chocolate cake, you may think that it is full of sugar and gluten. Luckily this perfect cake is sugar and gluten-free!
And what makes this chocolate lava cake healthier – it is made with honey instead of refined sugar, and gluten-free oat flour instead of all-purpose flour. You can enjoy the cake and not feel guilty! Plus it goes extremely well with raspberries, and these berries are full of vitamins and minerals.
So I took a classic recipe, swapped out the “bad” ingredients and replaced them with healthy ones. This is what I love to do the most, like my honey cake and New York cheesecake. It is not hard to bake your favorite dessert with healthier ingredients.
Can you imagine eating this chocolate cake with a cup of tea or coffee on a Sunday evening when it is pouring outside? This is exactly what comfort food should be like! Tastes amazing, just like any chocolate cake, but it is healthier, which comforts even more. 😀
I am a sucker for chocolate and I think all of you already know that. I would choose chocolate over cake any time, but with this chocolate lava cake, I would definitely choose cake over the chocolate. The same goes with brownies!
Oh, and the best part is that this chocolate lava cake is made with ONLY 5-ingredients. All you need is sugar-free chocolate, butter, honey, flour, and eggs. Most of them are basic ingredients we all have at home. And the raspberry at the top is totally optional, and you can substitute it with anything you like. For example strawberries or even blueberries.
Chocolate Lava Cake – Sugar Free and Gluten Free
Let me know, how your lava cake turned out. Also, use the hashtag #nosugarhacks on Instagram for a chance to be featured! I would really love to see your desserts.
Enjoy the recipe and new ones coming soon!
Gluten-free Molten Chocolate Cake
- 85g sugar-free chocolate
- 75g butter (coconut oil should work as well)
- 50g honey
- 2 eggs
- 35g gluten-free oat flour
- Some extra butter and cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Butter and lightly add cocoa powder on the sides of ramekins. Tap out the excess cocoa.
- On a water bath, melt chocolate with butter and honey. Set aside. In another bowl, beat the eggs with egg yolks until thickened. Add eggs to melted chocolate consistently whisking. Whisk for 5 minutes.
- Add the flour to the mixture and keep whisking for two minutes.
- Pour the mixture into molds and bake for 12 minutes, or until the sides of the cakes are firm but the centers are soft.
- Let the cakes cool for a few minutes, then cover each with an inverted plate. Carefully turn each one over, let stand for 10 seconds and then unmold. Serve immediately. Enjoy!