Finally! Here it is – Healthy Manhattan Cheesecake – sugar and gluten free. I have made this cake so many times just to get it perfectly moist and creamy and I have finally nailed it few times, so I feel confident baking this cake. Plus, I don’t like baked cheesecake that is not creamy and smooth.
Also, this healty manhattan cheesecake is one of my favorites. It is super easy to make, and it is perfect for any celebratory occasion. The base has only 2 ingredients, filling has 3 ingridients plus extra sour cream topping only 2 ingridients, how crazy is that? And all these ingredients are not expensive at all. Top this healthy manhattan cheesecake with strawberries and you will have extra luxurious cake for your guests.
This Healthy Manhattan Cheesecake is everything I want my cake to be: delicious, moist, creamy and smooth, plus super easy to make. I don’t like desserts with too many ingredients – it gives me a headache 😀 Anyone else?
And if you love making cakes as much as I do then you will definitely love my Sugar Free Blueberry Cake, Rhubarb Dream Bar and my Healthy Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Layer. And all these cakes are sugar and gluten free!
Why is the baking time so long and the heat so low?
Every time I go out to eat and decide to order a cake, I always choose cheesecake, because I know that it tastes good no matter what. Not too sweet and not too dry. I absolutely hate cakes that are not moist and creamy. Only problem is that almost everywhere I have tried Manhattan Cheesecake it has been overbaked. That is why my recipes baking time is so long – it is really hard to overbake this cake on a low heat.
Furthermore, I do think that using honey or maple syrup instead of granulated sugar, gives this cake the extra creaminess and smootness. So, I don’t recommend using coconut sugar or something like that.
Why you should definitely try this cake?
- It is super easy to make, and is perfect for any celebratory occasion.
- No matter if you are a sweettooth or not, this cake is not too sweet, but you can spice it up with berries or jam.
- It has very few ingredients and all these are not expensive.
- This cake is perfectly cream and smooth. You will definitely love it!
Enjoy the recipe! And let me know, what kind of desserts you want me to make next!
Healthy Manhattan Cheesecake
Smooth and creamy cheesecake, which is sugar and gluten free! Baking time 1 hour and resting 4 hours.
- 10 digestive cookies (sugar and gluten free)
- 100g butter
- 400g cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 4-5 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 100g sour cream
- additional 2 tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 150C.
- First for the base, crush the cookies, melt the butter and combine both together. Press the mixture into the baking mold.
- In other bowl, mix together cream cheese, eggs, honey and lemon juice. Pour the mixture on top of the cake base, and bake for 50-60 minutes, until it is golden. Let it cool a little. Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Mix together sour cream and honey, pour on top of the cake and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Let the cake cool and put into the fridge for 3-4 hours. Best to let it set overnight. Enjoy! 😉