Stick your fork into this delicious, decadent-tasting Date Cake, which is Sugar Free and Gluten Free, only with 6-ingredients.
Dates are nature’s candy, and they are perfect for desserts. Super sweet date paste makes your date cake sweet enough that you don’t need that extra refined sugar in there, and just a little bit honey or another sticky sweetener. It is perfect for any occasion, and it goes well with tea and coffee.
Date Cake is something I have never tried before I made this recipe. So I have never had date cake with sugar. And I can’t see the reason, why I should add sugar in there because dates already make it sweet and nutritious. And the best part is that it is gluten free as well.
Nevertheless, I worked on this cake for weeks, and I think it turned out pretty great. If you or someone you know loves dates then this is the perfect cake.
I like to make my date paste in larger quantities. So I will have it whenever I decide to make some dessert using dates as the sweetener. I always soak them in warm water for 20-30 minutes, and then I blend them in a blender until smooth. Super easy, right?
Healthy Date Cake – Sugar Free and Gluten Free
Let me know, how your cake turned out. Also, use the hashtag #nosugarhacks on Instagram for a chance to be featured! I would really love to see your desserts.
Enjoy the recipe and new ones coming soon!
Date Cake with Walnuts
- 15g coconut oil
- 30g honey
- 150g pitted dates (soaked)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp espresso
- 30g oat flour
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Mash the dates, in a non-stick pot melt coconut oil with honey and add date paste. Mix until well combined.
- Add egg, espresso, and oat flour to the mixture and stir.
- Place the mixture into cooking mold (10 cm) and bake for 35 minutes. Let it cool, take out of the mold and pour over with caramel or chocolate sauce. Add some walnuts and enjoy!