These Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cups are exactly like the regular ones. Give them to anyone, and they won’t notice that there is no sugar in them. Rich, and full of flavor, plus the recipe is super easy to make. Only with 6-ingredients!
Peanut butter itself is not something I would eat out of a jar. I am not crazy about it alone. But, when you add chocolate then you get a perfect snack dessert – sugar free peanut butter cup! And this one I absolutely love.
This Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cup is a no-bake dessert. And it doesn’t take that long to set. I like to add chocolate only at the top of the peanut butter cup because then there is not too much chocolate. Also, the ratio between the peanut layer and the chocolate layer is crucial for me. Too much chocolate just overpowers the peanut taste.
You can make this sugar free peanut butter cup with only 5-ingredients as well because the coconut flakes are totally optional. You can substitute them with vanilla or sea salt, or both. I just wanted to see, does the coconut flakes elevate the flavor.
Oh, and for all the peanut butter lovers out there I have some really good news! Here are 8 reasons, why peanut butter is good for your health:
- Eating peanuts or peanut butter helps you to control hunger without leading to weight gain. NB! This is only when you eat a reasonable amount of it – peanut and peanut butter is super intense in calories, so be careful!
- Peanuts lower the risk of many heart diseases.
- Also, eating peanuts and peanut butter may reduce colon cancer in women.
- Peanut helps to protect against Alzheimer’s disease and improve your memory.
- The ones who eat at least five or more servings (EASY, right?) of nuts every week have 25 to 30% lower risk of getting gallstones.
- All of the fat that is in peanut butter (if you use the right one, no added palm or any other oil) is heart-healthy monounsaturated fat.
- Eating peanuts help to reduce the risk of diabetes.
- Peanuts are high in valuable nutrition – protein and potassium-rich, which lowers the risk of high blood pressure, stroke and heart diseases.
Here it is, so many health benefits that even I didn’t know about. But remember, too much peanut butter is never a good idea! 😀
Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cup
Let me know, how your peanut butter cups turned out. Also, use the hashtag #nosugarhacks on Instagram for a chance to be featured! I would really love to see your desserts.
Enjoy the recipe and new ones coming soon!
Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cup
- 115g peanut butter
- 50g honey or maple syrup
- 20g coconut oil
- 30g coconut flakes
- 90g sugar free chocolate
- 10g coconut oil
- Melt peanut butter with coconut oil and honey, add coconut flakes and stir. Place the mixture into muffin molds and let it set in the freezer.
- Melt chocolate with coconut oil and pour over the peanut butter mixture. Let the cups set in the freezer until firm. Enjoy!